Hi, I’m Gem.
Need a freelance entertainment writer or entertainment blogger? I’m your gal!
I’m a freelance writer with an information management background. I’m an impassioned movie nerd. I’m a bona fide TV geek.
I write for sites like TechRadar, Vulture, Digital Spy, and GamesRadar+. I cover topics ranging from must-see latest releases to anniversary titles, from must-watch classic film lists to what’s new on streaming platforms.
Want to know if I’m the writer for you?
Here’s three reasons why you should work with me:
1. I have ten years of professional experience as freelance writer.
- I write copy, I write articles, I write fiction, I write headlines, I write pitches, I write product descriptions.
- I’ve worked with dozens of editors and writers.
- I’ve navigated content management systems, style guides, and work suites galore. Freelance writing doesn’t exist in a bubble and my experience on all aspects that surround writing, I consider to be as valuable as my bylines.
What this means for you: An easy-going working relationship with a professional writer.
2. I write articles people love to read.
- I write thousands of words a week about entertainment.
- I know what makes for interesting, readable posts because I’m also a massive movie nerd.
- I’ve spent a decade honing my craft and learning how to write informative explainers, opinionated essays, funny listicles, and more.
- I crank out video scripts for content that generates 600,000 views on YouTube and articles that get major eyeballs:
What this means for you: I create content your audience will love that’s proven to generate great page views.
3. I get articles on the first page of Google.
- I’ve written millions of words about movies and TV.
- I know how to land articles in the Google top spot for their keywords.
- Keyword stuffing is no longer the way to go, you need a mix of top-notch content (see number 2) and SEO knowledge.